Saturday, June 2, 2012

Storage: My Rookie Season!

When it comes to tablescaping, I am definitely in the minor league. And, to keep peace with Mr. Wonderful, I need to stay that way. He owned our house before I met him, and he very graciously turned the basement over to me when I started staging. I had a large inventory of accessories, which I have been slowly getting rid of (I am no longer staging vacant homes). Much to his horror surprise, I am now filling up space with dishes!


Here is a quick tour!



So, here we are in the basement.
This cabinet is in the laundry room.



It came with hardware to hang things!



Wow, napkins multiply in my house like rabbits!
I have three drawers full!


I rarely use tablecloths, because my round dining room table is 60 inches,
and I never find them big enough.



I am very anxious to see how other tablescapers store their silk flowers. I am happy with this hamper for tall stuff, but most of my flowers are in tubs.



After I use a set of placemats, I put them on the bottom, because I know I won't be using them again for awhile.











This corner cabinet is the only furniture I have that belonged to my parents. It's in the basement because my dining room doesn't have a corner!











Tablescaping stuff even spilled over into my exercise closet!



So, that was my basement. I have three more sets of dishes that are boxed up, and then, of course, there's the good stuff.


Thanks for visiting! I can't wait to see how the major leaguers do it!

Thanks, too, to The Tablescaper for hosting this fun party on Seasonal Sunday!

I will also be joining Between Naps On The Porch for Met Monday

Be sure to check out my sister's claim that she is NOT a hoarder at Robin Flies South...

20 comments:

allisamazing said...

You have given me some great ideas on how to store my stuff that is starting to collect. I especially loved the drawers for the napkin rings. Thanks for sharing :)

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Elaine!

I need to show my husband that shelf with all those stacks and stacks of dishes. Maybe then he will know it is not just me.

You sure are organized! I like how you can see most of the items, I am always forget what I have.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Elaine...

Ohhh my goodness...you have such a GRAND stash of tablescaping items! Loved getting to see all of your pretties and where you store them! Hallelujah for basements! Hehe! Thanks for the great tour...I had a blast!

Have a wonderfully sweet weekend, sweet lady!
Chari

Kathe said...

Oh it's always so nice to see how others store all of their tablescaping items! Yours are very well organized. I need to re-take a couple of pictures then you can see my mess lol! Mr. B is always amazed that I know where everything is! Thanks so much for sharing💜

Diane said...

We have a basement, but I try not to encroach upon my husband's universe. I do have some boxes down there, now, but I will be moving them soon. Your things look so organized - mine are scattered everywhere! It certainly is fun to see where everyone stashes their goodies!

Entertaining Women said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Entertaining Women said...

I'd say you are already a veteran. Great organization. I like your system for rotating placemats. I'm still trying to figure out how to organize napkins on an on-going basis...when I take a portion of a certain napkin out of it's sack, use it, launder and iron it....how to make sure that it gets returned to the correct group each time. I think that the answer may be to iron more often. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

June 2, 2012 4:57 PM

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

OK. I need you to help me organize.

I am SO impressed - wow.

You keep everything so TIDY!!

I am hanging my head in shame.

Aledia said...

I think everything looks fabulous! It's all nice and tidy and well organized. You have so many lovely pieces, and I love the little snippets of the kitties here and there :)

Have a wonderful night!
Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Elaine: I'm you newest follower on 2 of your blogs. Thank you for your visit to the Cottage and for your sweet comments. I hope you will come back again. I read Elaine's Wonderful World first and just about you know what I was laughing so hard, then I came over to here and I find that you are a very sane, organized person!! Are looks deceiving? I think I'm going to enjoy no matter which blog I read.Happy Weekend..Judy

Marigene said...

WOW!

Dianne said...

Hi Elaine,
You storage is so neatly organized, I am impressed. I would never have guessed you were a rookie as you seems to have just as many beautiful things as the rest of us. I love how you kitties wanted to be in on the fun. Dianne

Chubby Chieque said...

Well organize, Lady? Absolutely clean too.

Love the way you gather and organize in a see-thru plastic boxes. Great idea, so you don't dig and swear if not finding your treasures at once.

Happy Sunday.
/CC

Robin said...

This post really makes me feel guilty. I feel like I've turned you into a crack addict! Just kidding but I am super impressed with how organized you are and you have ALOT of stuff for being a rookie like me.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Dani said...

Wow... You are a very organizes woman!
Think about comming down here in Brasil and Help me put in all togheter!
Love you cat also....
Have a great weak
Dani

The Tablescaper said...

You are so organized. I'm inspired! Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I love seeing how other bloggers store their stuff. Thanks. I am bestowing on you the Kreativ Blogger award. Check my blog. Also sending you an email about the award.

Alycia Nichols said...

I am laughing really hard right now because I was thinking, "Oh, it's not that bad." That is until I came to the "Dishes, Stemware, etc." part! That's when I knew that you truly, truly have "the bug" that can't be tamed!!! :-) I'm happy for you, so I won't say a word! Enjoy!!!!!!

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

I love your corner cabinet. I don't have a corner in the dining area either. I like all storage solutions. Visiting from Seasonal Sundays.

Mary said...

You are living my dream with basement storage and so organized!! I had to chuckle at "much to his horror"...my husband is pretty horrified at the moment! Those napkins DO multiply like bunnies :)