Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dinner & A Movie?

Welcome to my seventh tablescape!  Thank you to Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursday!

Last week my tablescape was very formal, and I really enjoyed creating it. But, let's face it, we don't live like that every day. There's just the two of us, and we are more likely to eat in front of the TV, than anywhere else. But, just because it's casual, doesn't mean it can't be stylish!



We have a large coffee table for a reason!




We don't always have pots of mums in our living room, but it
snowed today and I want them to last until Halloween!



I got my inspiration from this scarf.  And, went from there!





I’m not sure if this tablescape is Indian, Asian,
Moroccan, or what!  I just enjoyed the mixed vibe!





My sister told me that I need to check out what Goodwill has in their plastic bags.  
I found five sets of six napkin rings for $3. These were among them!




The glasses with the black stems are also from Goodwill.




I found this candle sleeve at Gordman's. You don't want tall candles or they'll block the TV!




Chopsticks? Why not?




These chopsticks were a gift from my friend, Michele. I love the little pouches they go in!




This wine caddy belonged to my husband.








The dishes are from Ross and Goodwill. You can't say I'm afraid to mix patterns!












I think it's time for a movie! There is always the decision on what movie to watch! 

His choices!




My choices!





We reached a compromise and chose the movie we saw on our second date!









I hope you enjoyed my dinner and a movie!

Be sure to visit my sister’s blog at Robin Flies South…

It's my goal every week to visit all the tablescapes. If I did not leave a comment, it's because I tried and failed. If you get twelve identical comments from me, I apologize.   It's because I thought I failed but had actually succeeded (twelve times).

Become a follower and I will definitely reciprocate! Oh heck, I'll follow you anyway. :)


19 comments:

Robin said...

What great rich colors. I have never seen those plates. So different and "worldly"! How many of those great napkin rings did you get? All the patterns really compliment each other and everything goes with a good movie! Enjoy your snow!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Entertaining Women said...

A lovely tablescape with a marvelous international flair! You have a real gift for mixing patterns and textures. We eat a fair share of meals in front of the television, too. Real life. Thank you for sharing your wonderful design. Cherry Kay

Anonymous said...

Your table is so cozy and relaxing. Snow??? Oh boy, we haven't had any of that yet in Nova Scotia. I love your dishes and I have some stemware idential to yours with the black base. Guess where I got mine...thrift store, just like you!!! Thanks so much for visiting, and have a Happy Halloween!

Decor To Adore said...

What a spooktacular tablescape!

I created a mad scientists lab this past Monday. I hope you'll come by for a peek and shriek. :)

Kelsey said...

Fun! I am inspired for a dinner and movei night! It is the first "cold" day we have had here in Texas and I was feeling a little glum about the high of 52 today but after reading that you had snow! I feel much warmer!!! Thanks!!

Pat said...

Cute blog topic, and your choice of colors and patterns are rich and beautiful. Hey, nothing wrong with eating at the TV when you are together!

Cathy @My 1929 Charmer said...

Your tablescrape is beautiful and cozy. I never do tablescapes, we usually sit in front of the TV. We had out kitchen remodeled a year ago, before the remodeled we lived in there, now we never sit in there. ???????????? Being together is what matters.

Marigene said...

Beautiful dishes and they all work so nicely together. I love that tablecloth, just gorgeous.
Have a nice weekend, Elaine!

Tess said...

Sounds like a great evening and your table looks beautiful. As much as I'd like to eat at a lovely dining room table every night...we are also mostly in front of the tv! Your dish combo is wonderful and I love your movie choice!!

A Perfect Setting said...

Hi Elaine! yes, we love dining in front of the tv, too!! I haven't seen the bags in GW, but you got some great napkins rings, they really go well with your beautiful china. This is a great 'scape, I love how it's elegant and casual all at the same time. Oh my, I don't want to hear that "s" word!! And your sister is out by the pool!! lol Have a great week-end!!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your tablescape for two is Beautiful with your china.You did a great job putting this all together with the mix of your dishes.. I mix my dishes most of the time also. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Halloween Tablescape.Im your newest follower now
I hope you have a great weekend.
Diane

Heather at Farm to Fork said...

You are so funny. I love reading your blog. Decorating with Cats is funny and so true.

Your dinner and a movie is awesome. I love eating at the coffee table and you set your coffee table so beautifully. I like the vibe and those napkin rings are really beautiful. :-)

Heather

Kathe said...

I always check Goodwill's bags for napkin rings but have never found any as cool as yours!! Love the mix of plates and patterns!

Mary said...

I love your mix of patterns! Your warm & rich color scheme makes TV dining & movie watching cozy! I've never had any luck at GW~ love your napkin rings :)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Lovely tablescape! Love all the layers! And a great movie choice! Hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm SO glad you won that one! "Something's Gotta Give" is one of my favorite all-time movies. I would have also enjoyed "Must Love Dogs" or "He's Just Not That Into You". I don't think I have seen "27 Dresses" yet. You did a great job with this table. It definitely has an Indian flair to it! Well done!

ANNE said...

I LOVE your dishes and the whole table setting is gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting me today.

New follower here :)

Anita Diaz said...

Elaine, this is gorgeous!! These are some of my favorite colors too. I'm loving the flatware a lot, and I don't have anything like that either. Beautiful and looks like a wonderful dinner:-)

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping over and commenting on my sewing table. i love the way your table looks the colors are great. i love all those movies, your pics and his!