Thursday, June 14, 2012

Michele’s Garden

I have two dear friends I meet with once a month. I met them both when we were being trained as stagers. Six years later, we are happy to say our friendship is still going strong. We’ve taken trips together, meet for lunch or dinner, and sometimes we even include our husbands in our plans. Last week, Michele played hostess, as she does so well. Nancy, Michele, and I dined alfresco in her beautiful backyard.

I asked Michele if I could take a few photos of her lovely outdoor space. The sun was very high, which washes out photos, so I did the best I could.

I hope you enjoy!







“To dwell is to garden.”







"Cares melt when you kneel in your garden."






"Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow."





"One who plants a garden, plants happiness."








"Earth laughs in flower."





"I garden, therefore I am."






"A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul."



I will be joining

 Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

Cottage Garden Party at Fishtail Cottage

Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch

Show Us Your House at Thrifty Decor Chick







13 comments:

allisamazing said...

It is such a pretty garden. Thanks for sharing the photos :)

Simply Simplisticated said...

Such beauty and peacefulness:))I could sit for hours in your garden!

Diane said...

Lovely post! The bunny on the fence gave me a huge smile! Loved all of the pretty flowers.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

A lovely garden and such a pretty place to dine! It must have been a magic time for you all.

I love she is a one L Michele, too!

Have a great weekend!

~Michele from Finch Rest

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Thanks for sharing your friend's beautiful garden. How nice to have such lovely people in your life. I also checked your tropical tablescape. What a great job you did with all the colors and patterns.

Entertaining Women said...

I had the same thing happen to my pics when we had luncheon in my friend Marsha's garden. Yours look beautiful. The generosity of friends is so overwhelming, isn't it. THanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Fishtail Cottage said...

Thank you so very much for linking up to Fishtail Cottage's garden party this week ~ enjoying my evening peeking around the party! love that bench... xoxo, tracie

Savannah Granny said...

Elaine, Thanks for sharing Michele's beautiful garden. I bet you ladies have a wonderful time together.
I love her garden, especially the bench under the arbor. She certainly has a green thumb.
I am a new follower. Have a great weekend.
Ginger

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

There is almost nothing more delightful than a lovely garden! Such a pretty spot you've shared.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I am so glad your friend let you share her beautiful garden and yard with us. Your images are lovely and so is the bench. Thanks.

Diann said...

What a beautiful outdoor space! Every detail is lovely!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, how nice you and your friends can get together in such a beautiful peaceful spot.. hugs ~lynne~

Kathy said...

Wow, this is a lovely garden - filled with a lot of beauty - I would love to sit and to linger here - love the quotes!
Delightsome post! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy