Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Island Style!

Several months ago, I found these placemats at Gordman's. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought them. They are very tropical looking and Colorado is about as opposite as you can get from a tropical island.



I was planning on using my green dishes from Ross. At least they were the right color. Then, I found exactly what I needed. These square bowls and matching plates were found in a thrift store. I love how they look like grasscloth, and fit my tropical theme perfectly.





I hope you enjoy!














I found the fabric for the napkins at Jo-Ann's.























Instead of flowers, I decided to make a
simple centerpiece of bamboo, fern, and
some squiggly things.








Time to light the torches candles!


























Goblets, all plates, and napkin rings are from Goodwill
Mercury glass votive holders are from Michael's
Vase and candlesticks are from Ross
Bamboo flatware is from SteinMart
Green stems are from Dollar Tree

Check back June 20th for my attempt at a beach-themed tablescape for CuisineKathleen's Let's Dish Blog Party!

I will be joining:

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch

Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here

Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen

Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Your Cozy Home Party at Cozy Home Scenes

You're Gonna Love It at Kathe with an E

The Bunny Hop Party at Bunny Jeans Decor

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants

Primp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp

Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper

Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

Home Sweet Home Friday at The Charm of Home

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound

Sunday Blog Love at Cherished Treasures


Be sure to visit my sister's blog at Robin Flies South...

27 comments:

Kathe said...

You found the perfect dishes to go with your place mats! One would never know you were in landlocked CO! I love the fabric you found for the napkins! I'm now in the mood for a vacation somewhere exotic!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great tablescape. The rich tones are beautiful.

Kathleen said...

Hello Island Style, LOL!
Love your table, all the colors are great together!
You need my little monkey place card holders to go with this! It is the only time I ever use them, with a tropical setting.
I can't wait to see your beach setting next week! Thanks for the shout out about it, and for linking to Let's Dish!

Robin said...

You find the best dishes at thrift stores! Not fair! I like how the striped placemats match the placemats and you know I love tropical. I'm going on record to tell you that I had Bruce cutting down bamboo pieces (too tall) for a future centerpiece so I am NOT copying you!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Aledia said...

Love your thrift store dishes, those are so very pretty and look fabulous with your place mats.

Very vibrant and yet warm at the same time, Thank You for sharing and have a great night!

Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

You really pulled this off -- it looks like a table set at a vacation resort restaurant. Great job incorporating all of the colors and I love the 'chunky' candle holders and the fern centerpiece -- beautiful!

Mary said...

I love your patterned tropical placemats with your square stacked dishes and bamboo flatware... perfectly paired to your framed art too! I'm a big fan of squiggly things in centerpieces :)

Marlis said...

Love love those placemats and napkins. You are absolutely right,, the new plates are perfect for the table and your theme. Love your table.. have a great week.. xo marlis

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

WOW~ The mix of colors and patterns and textures make this a stunner! you have a great eye to put together such a cool, sophicated looking tablescape
that is still so welcoming! Just beautiful!

Entertaining Women said...

A fantasy trip to a tropical island....you've created a marvelous design. Very sophisticated and so many great thrifting deals! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Anonymous said...

What pretty placemats and napkins. Your table is very pretty and I love how you did an unexpected centerpiece instead of flowers. Thanks for sharing your decorating talents at Your Cozy Home Party this week!

Sarah said...

Wow, I feel as if I've been to the tropics. This is a gorgeous table setting! You did a remarkable job and love the fact that much of these were thrifty finds.

allisamazing said...

It looks wonderful! I can just imagine myself sitting on a tropical island enjoying cool breezes over an evening meal :)

Shanee said...

Very pretty! Love it all but I have to have your utensils! I need a tropical drink now, thanks for sharing and taking me away for a bit.

Chubby Chieque said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Everything fits perfectly. Love the goblets.

Happy TS...
/CC

Dawna said...

I can just about feel the tropical breezes and taste a pina colada.

Marigene said...

Elaine, your table is really perfect for a summer evening...love the happy colors. You do find such nice dishes at thrift stores...great shaped bowls.

suzyq said...

Even though you say you are so far away from a tropical island your wall colour is the perfect back drop for this table. Just lovely!
Suzyq

Debbie said...

This one is beautiful, and it's the linens that set the whole stage. I love both the place mats and the napkins. They were just made for each other.

And you found those goblets at GW?? Gorgeous! I never, ever find a thing useful there. Of course, that doesn't keep me from looking.

Robyn said...

wonderful, nicely done - you can set my table anytime!!!

Apple of His Eye said...

Hi
You did a wonderful job decorating with the tropical theme. It looks just what I would see in the Carribean. It's can be your "take me away" place when you need a break! Lol!

Hugs
LaDonna

Judy Biggerstaff said...

You have done a great job on this table. Love how you pulled every color together from the placemats and npakins. The dishes are perfect for this tropical theme as is the centerpiece.

EJ said...

A wonderful and beautiful PINK post!


HPS, a little late but catching up to visit you. Here's my PINK, hope you'd come and see. Have a great weekend.

I am now following your blog. It would be lovely to have you follow back, thank you.

Chubskulit Rose said...

You have a beautiful entry this week.

Happy Pink Saturday. Come and take a peek at my PINK when you get a chance. Enjoy Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

Everything, even the color on your walls, is perfect together. Love the pattern mix of your napkins and placemats.

Diann said...

Okay, I love this table! All the different prints and patterns make it so visually fun! And the colors and textures play off of each other wonderfully. Beautiful table! Thank you for sharing at TTF and have a great day!
BTW, I am going to feature this post on this week's TTF party. I hope you will join us again and also stop by to get your "I was featured" button!

Austine Etcheverry said...

I'm glad your theme came all together. I love the bamboo center piece.