Thursday, October 6, 2011

For you, Mom

This tablescape was inspired by my mom, and her love for angels. I thought about her as I was setting this table. She was very creative and I felt like she was looking over my shoulder as I put everything together.



I love to take things from inside the house and use them outside. But, even more, I love to decorate inside with outdoor items. That is why I love to put topiaries on tables.



In my mind, this birdcage is actually a gazebo, and this angel statue is in a garden.


I fell in love with these dishes from TJ Maxx!


I love the design and colors! The charger and grapes came from Hobby Lobby.


I buy a lot of angels.


I bought three crystal candlesticks at a thrift store. I gave up on trying to find two that matched, so all three are different. I paid $1.99 for each. Then, I made a discovery about this one!


I love happy surprises!


I had the burgundy napkins and made the floral ones.


This bowl just had to come home with me, too!


The bird cage was $9 at Ross. I spray painted it gold, and then finished it with a faux patina paint.


I think these plates are so elegant!












One of these glasses is from Ross and the other is real lead crystal. Can you tell which is which?






It was getting dark and time to light the candles. Not really, I just closed our wood blinds.














I hope you enjoyed my tablescape! Thank you to Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursday!

Please stop by my sister's blog at Robin Flies South...

Are you having trouble reading menus, or like me, you like to hide your reading glasses from people? Be sure to check out today's post at Elaine's Wonderful World!



15 comments:

Robin said...

Mom would have loved this and I do too. I've admired those dishes at TJ Maxx. You know I bought that bird cage, right? I haven't painted it yet but I plan to. I can't believe you found that crystal candlestick for $1.99! That's a deal and I like that they don't match.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful table, and wonderful tribute to your mom. I love the plates. Both the design and the shape!!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Gorgeous setting and stunning shots.
Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you on my blog:)

A Perfect Setting said...

I agree with your sister, I like the fact that the candlesticks don't match! Great surprise on the one!! I, also, love angels!! Your tablescape is beautiful and I know your mother would have loved it! Great choice on the dishes, and I think that bowl is so pretty!

Alycia Nichols said...

Good morning, Elaine! How sweet that you would think of your Mother as you created this table. I am sure she loved it from heaven. I saw those fabulous, fabulous, fabulous plates at TJ Maxx and wanted them in the worst kind of way. I figured by the time I sold my kidney and recovered from the surgery, though, they'd probably all be gone! ;-) Money has been t-i-g-h-t this year! :-( I won't complain, though, because I am totally blessed. LUCKY YOU on the Wedgwood candlestick!!! Great find!!!

Marlis said...

Those dishes fit so perfectly on your table.. I love the colors in them. Elegant is what i would say too! Great finds on the crystal candlesticks.. Your angel looks so pretty and peaceful on your table. so very pretty.. xo marlis

pumkinhd1 said...

Very pretty table, Elaine. I so enjoy looking at you and Robin's blogs. I have an idea for you both - maybe you can start cooking a meal to display with each new table scape?

Yea...just kidding :)

Marigene said...

A lovely tribute to your mother. Beautiful table...I have the bowls that go with that pattern...eat my cereal from them each morning! I keep thinking I should pick up the plates...

Tess said...

I love your dishes...and your linens are perfect with them. And this is a nice tribute to your mother with all of your angels.

Chubby Chieque said...

What an adorable greetings to mum. She must be so proud of you.

I so love angels too... Best thing I have at home.

Love your dishes and the way you put together those pretty treasures.

Happy w/end.
/chie

Taunnie said...

This is such a beuatiful table, even more so in the candlelight. I especially love your centerpiece. The angels are so lovely.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, what a beautiful table you've set as a tribute to your mother, I'm sure she's looking down and smiling on you. Your dishes are gorgeous. I don't get to stop at TJ Maxx as often now, I miss that, they always have lovely things. Love your surprise candlestick.. gorgous... hugs ~lynne~

Susanne said...

Your table is lovely. She is no doubt smiling, and that glow is felt in the candlelight. Nicely done.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Elaine, I can't believe I missed this! I have been visiting your other blog and missing out over here! But I love all your funnies there. So I'm glad to find BOTH!

Great finds on that table, and I like to "think outside the box," too, when it comes to using outdoor elements in and indoor elements out. Lovely table, and I'm crazy about your new dishes. And you can't beat that price on the candlestick. Waterford and Wedgwood have teamed up, so that is a real find!

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Well, I had visited you before here. DUH! When I saw the morning glories, I knew I had seen them before. Forgive me. My mind is a bit adled these days from being kept awake by howling winds. ;-)

XO,

Sheila