Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Soft as a Lamb!

They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.




This March has been all lamb and no lion. So, this week I decided to create a soft tablescape...soft and pink and romantic.


I hope you enjoy this table set for two.









I made a few changes to this container of silk flowers--mostly painting it a light color so the detail shows up and adding some pearls.



All of the dishes, chargers, painted wine glasses, tablecloth, candlesticks, and centerpiece came from thrift stores.



Our mild weather has enticed many birds to our yard, which makes Eddie very happy.















I also painted the chargers (they were gold) a soft white.







Candlelight always adds romance.




















Thank you so much for visiting!

I will be joining:

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch

Centerpiece Wednesday at The Style Sisters

Let's Dish Wednesday at Cuisine Kathleen

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants

Please be sure to visit my sister's blog at Robin Flies South...



13 comments:

Entertaining Women said...

So lovely. This is the first time that I've come across this pattern. It is so beautiful and comforting. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Absolutely gorgeous - and frugally purchased as well - wow, that is gorgeous.

I love you made the changes necessary (painting) to bring this together.

I especially love that tablecloth - love the color and the "pearl look" on it.

Those dishes are amazing - I cannot believe what people donate - I wouldn't let those go for the world!

Love it!

Robin said...

Those dishes are SO pretty! I like the "pearl" look to the whole table. Great thrift finds that made for a very romantic table.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Sarah said...

Very pretty! I like the soft colors you've used, and the plates are beautiful. Thanks for sharing this lovely setting.

Jocelyn said...

So very pretty!! What amazing china. A wonderful way to usher in Spring!

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

sweet violets said...

My gosh, what pretty china!!! Great find and a sweet table setting!! hugs...cleo

Alycia Nichols said...

What a beautiful, beautiful tablecloth! It looks so delicate and refined, as does the whole table. Kind of reminds me of a 1950s socialite! The pearl napkin rings work so well with it all, too! Great job on painting the chargers...they have a really fabulous finish! This is super pretty, and not just because I love pink and pearls!!! Have a great weekend! Good job!!!!!!!!

Marigene said...

You have created a lovely romantic table...the tablecloth is beautiful.

Tess said...

So pretty...your dishes are gorgeous. What is that pattern? Your table looks very spring-y. Love it!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

I love your spring decor with those blooming flowers and beautiful colours! Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)
Have a nice day

Kathe said...

I love those dishes! The pearl accents are just the right touch.I love that you painted the chargers! Brilliant.

Kathleen said...

So pretty! The tablecloth adds such nice texture! I love the dishes what a pretty pattern! And the stems, just lovely!
Thanks so much for linking up to Let's Dish, Elaine!

Ivy and Elephants said...

How creative of you! This setting is just perfect and the table is arranged so beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing with us!
Hugs,
Patti