Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Winter Thaw!

Still have snow, still have cold temperatures, so I am staying with my warm-up theme! I try to alternate between my kitchen and my dining room, but I knew my kitchen would continue to be the best backdrop for this dinner tablescape (it became a dinner tablescape when it kept getting later and later before I could get it put together!)


I hope you enjoy!






These colorful plates were the inspiration for this tablescape!



I've had this silk plant for years. I love the little feet
on the container. I tucked in a few berries to brighten
 it up, and some sparkly picks to repeat the sparkle in
the napkins, placemats, and fruit.






The glasses, napkins, sparkly fruit, and
both plates are from Goodwill!


















The bowls, placemats, and flatware are from Ross! I consider Ross my home away from home. If you call me, there is a 50% chance I will be in a Ross store!





















I received some very beautiful roses
from Mr. Wonderful this week!
















Thanks for letting me share with you!


I will be joining Tablescape Thursday

Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Centerpiece Wednesday at The Style Sisters

Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper

What's it Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

Be sure to check out my sister's blog at Robin Flies South...

20 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Elaine!

Those cute plates from GW were a great deal... did you get the napkins and fruit at the same time? It all looks very warm and inviting.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Robin said...

Such soft colors! I love the way all the plates and bowls are so different but compliment each other so well. And I love fruit with sparkle! Your roses are beautiful with all the different colors. Try to stay warm!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a fabulous table you've set. I love the mix of the soft colors, so warm and inviting. hugs ~lynne~

sweet violets said...

Not only is this so pretty and soft, but yummy!!! The colors whet the appetite......!!!

Unknown said...

What a great table! You are right the wall colors in the kitchen blend perfectly with your dishes. I love it all! XO Cindy

Anonymous said...

A truly perfect "Warm up" table. Great for a winter month!

Chubby Chieque said...

WOW... so romantic!

Hope you had a great VD with your lovelies.

Happy TS...

Greetings from freezing Stockholm,
/chie

The Tablescaper said...

This is just gorgeous. I love the tones of color. Just lovely. It's not a single piece that catches your attention but rather all together a beautiful symphony.

It would wonderful to have you link to Seasonal Sundays this Sunday.

- The Tablescaper

Shanee said...

What beautiful colors! Your table is lovely. The roses aren't too bad either! lol Hope you stay warm and cozy, thanks for sharing.

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Love the colors of your table scape! Very nice.

Alycia Nichols said...

This is a great icky weather table. It has all the warm colors plus the sparkle needed to perk us up!

Dianne said...

Those colors are wonderful together and I love your fruit plates. I have that same flatware b/c like you, I am in Ross at least 2x week. Dianne

Anonymous said...

I love the subdued elegance. This is such a relaxed, quiet scene.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Beautiful table, love the colors. The plates are SO pretty. XO, Pinky

The Style Sisters said...

Gorgeous colors! I love your salad plates and the white bowl! Ross? My Ross has had nothing cute for a long time I will have to stop back over there and check it out.

Thanks for linking up to Centerpice Wednesday and sharing your ideas! Great Tablescape!!
Karin

Entertaining Women said...

We share the L'Argent Sophia flatware in the 'gold.' I found mine at Tuesday Morning and Horchow. I'm going to check out Ross, I wouldn't mind four more place settings. I rarely think to go to Ross, but tons of people find wonderful things there. I adore the fruit plates...such warm, gorgeous colors, and the reticulated plates are marvelous. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Kathleen said...

Lovely soft colors but with a bit of sparkle too! Very pretty. Love the shape of the bottom plates.
We don't have a Ross, it would be nice.
That was a really sweet comment you left, I appreciate it!
I hope you and Robin will join my 4 th Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl on the 13 th! It is fun,so get your green out! :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Very beautiful tablescape with pretty layers of dishes, I specially love the reticulated bowls! The silk flowers are perfect for the gorgeous tone of your table.
Happy Sunday,
FABBY

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That is a very beautiful tablescape! The colors all blend so perfectly together.

I really really like your inspiration plates!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

So pretty! I love the color combination and the touches of glittered fruit and foliage. I love that flatware to!

Nancy