Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pet Bed Makeover!


A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of thrifting with Kathe with an E. We visited a Goodwill store I had never been to, and boy, were we impressed! It looked like a department store!





It even served coffee!



One of my finds was a pet bed. It was in good shape, and I swear it had never been used. I paid less than $4.









The entire bed had been lined with this fabric, but I knew I needed just a cushion which could be tossed in the wash every once in awhile.




Since it was going to be a bed for Abby,
I wanted it to be a bit more feminine.




I purchased the polka dot fabric at Jo-Ann's, and I already had the ribbon.






Thankfully, she loved it!



And, I had enough fabric left over to dress up the dogs!




I will be joining

Overflowing with Creativity at It's Overflowing
Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter
Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different, Act Normal
Saturday 7 at Positively Splendid
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Made By You Monday at Skip to my Lou
Nifty Thrift Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Your Cozy Home Party at Cozy Home Scenes
You're Gonna Love it Tuesday at Kathe with an E
Thrifty to Nifty Thursday at A Jennuine Life
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Creative Blogger's Party at Homemaker on a Dime
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Home Sweet Home Friday at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Tutes and Tips not to be Missed at Home Stories A to Z
DIY Project Parade at DIY Showoff
Show 'n Share at Southern Lovely
Rustic Restorations Party at Homespun Happenings
Pinspired Rewired at Southern Lovely
Grace At Home at Imparting Grace
Before & After Party at Thrifty Decor Chick
Gettin' Krafty With It at Krafty Kat

8 comments:

Pet Shop 18 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
myblackfriendsays said...

Happy New Year, Elaine!

Unknown said...

This is a great thrifty project and it looks like kitty loves it too! I would love for you to come link up at my new weekly linky party Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays at A Jennuine Life. I'm working with a couple of bigger bloggers to feature great projects, so I'm hoping to bring fabulous exposure for participants! http://ajennuinelife.blogspot.com/2013/01/thrifty-to-nifty-thursdays-1.html

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

That's the prettiest Goodwill store I've ever seen! And Abby looks so pretty in her new bed. Thank you for sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Kathleen said...

Happy 2013, Elaine! I have missed you dishing with us!

Diann said...

What a fun time you and Kathe m ust have had! It looks like a cool place to thrift! And the bed is adorable. But, your furry little freind steals this post! Sorry I am so late visiting...just making it under the wire for this week's TTF! LOL thanks for sharing last week!

Anonymous said...

dating a grown child http://loveepicentre.com/ to much dating

a2zpetfood said...

This is really Nice blog-Get all type Birds seeds,check more details.
Wholesale trader of bird food
best birds seed shop